I couldn’t be happier with the race. I will write a long post when I am up to it. In the meantime, so highlights:
- the alarm going off at 4:30AM.
- Walking to the start with Jay, Bob and Marie-Anne. In the dark.
- The Buzz at the start
- The National Anthem
- The helicopters flying low overhead as we waited to start swimming
- Open water for most of my swim!
- The bike ride is a blur
- The Tour De France-like crowds up yellow lake
- Feeling good all day
- The incredible rush down that finish chute
- The terrific volunteers
- Watching Grace, Sister Madonna and Steve King finishing just before midnight.
Action pictures when I get them!