Liz invited me to play this game with her a few weeks ago. Since I have some time on my hands right now, why not? The rules are simple:
Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
The catch for me is that I need to find 11 people to tag. So if you want to “play along”, post a comment and we’ll be off to the races.
11 things about me:
- The texture of tomatoes makes me gag. I still plant them in the garden every summer. (Also: artichokes and olives. bleh).
- I consistently think I am taller than I am and am always surprised when I walk by a mirror next to someone who actually is tall, like my husband.
- I used to be terrified by thunderstorms, now I love them.
- My first triathlon was Ironman Canada in 2004. I figured I didn’t know what I didn’t know. How right I was.
- I love reading cookbooks and food blogs but hate cooking.
- If I’m ever given the opportunity to go back to school, it would be to study religion. I’m essentially an atheist, so I think it will help me to better understand other parts of the world.
- I almost always close my eyes in pictures.
- I am not an advocate of air conditioning.
- Smo stands for Small Mean One, a moniker I inherited in University.
- I can remember exactly where I was when I thought of what to name Will, our first born. Not so much for the other 2.
- I’ve been to Las Vegas over 15 times. That’s more than anywhere else other than home in Quebec/BC. This is not something I am proud of.
The answer to Liz’s burning questions…
- What race is on your bucket list?
- Ironman Kona. I’ll get there one day. Maybe when I hit Sister Madonna’s AG.
- If you could go for a bike ride with anyone, who would it be?
- Alex Zanardi.
- If you had a super power, what would it be?
- The ability to stop time for everyone but myself. That, or invisibility.
- Are you ticklish?
- Time or money?
- Is life going the way you wanted it to?
- Yes and No.
- Ocean or lake?
- I’d like to think ocean but the reality is lake.
- Do you have a favorite quote? What is it?
- “Don’t say ‘can’t’. Try.” -Me, to my kids.
- Do you remember your first race? What was it? How did you do?
- A mountain bike race at Bromont, QC. It was terrifying. I finished 4th.
- Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
- Do you think Bono and U2 will ever find what they are looking for?
- If they haven’t found it by now…
My 11 questions for you:
- If you could get on a plane and go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
- What word or expression do you most overuse?
- What’s the last book you read?
- If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do?
- Do you have a favourite season?
- What’s your biggest vice?
- Social media. Yes or No?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- Lance Armstrong: Good, Bad or Indifferent?
- Can you remember what you wanted to be when you “grew up”?
- Sunsets or Sunrises?
Over to you…