Clearly, I’m getting old(er) and crochety(er) by the minute.
I’m currently working in the library. Quietly. Because, to my knowledge, libraries are meant to be quiet. I had that notion ingrained into me at a very young age.
Herewith, a list of my pet peeves about today’s situation.
1. The library is not your personal kitchen. Those crunchy cracker things you keep pulling out of the crinkly bag? I can hear you chewing them from 10 feet away. Stop it.
2. The library is not your personal living room. Put your shoes back on. Wake up. Stop snoring.
3. The library is not your private office space. That phone call at top volume to check on your client? Stop it. Go outside.
4. The library is not your personal coffee shop. If you and your friends want to catch up and chat, go away.
5. I text as much as the next girl. But turn your phone sounds off *ping* *lalalala* *bzzzz*
Wow, I must be grumpy today.